Prior to camp session please review these expectations and the “Voyageur Rules and Guidelines”with camper.
Camper must indicate their understanding & agreement by signing first page of registration form.
- Campers are responsible for their actions.
- Campers must respect themselves, other campers and adults, camp equipment and facilities, and the environment.
- Campers will demonstrate communication, cooperation, & caring.
- The following is Not Permitted by campers:
- Leaving an activity without permission or without adult supervision
- Endangering the health & safety of children or staff in any manner
- Smoking, alcohol or illegal or inappropriate drug use
- Theft or destruction of property
- Profanity or vulgar language (swearing)
- Hostile language towards others (name calling, teasing, disparaging comments)
- Weapons of any kind
- Inappropriate physical behavior (i.e. in a sexual manner or threatening gestures or body language, fighting)
When a camper does not follow the behavior guidelines, Parent Leaders or Staff or Volunteers will take the following action/steps:
- Indirect redirecting behavior (changing camper’s focus)
- Verbal redirecting of behavior (“please stop…” or “please do….”)
- Require camper to stand or sit by an adult leader
- Remove camper from activity
- Initiation of formal evaluation of behavior for possible dismissal
Dismissal from camp (camper fees – including those of accompanying family members - are non-refundable if a camper is sent home for disciplinary reasons).