PACKING LIST (LABELING ITEMS IS ENCOURAGED)
- Medications. Do not pack any medications (including over-the-counter medications) in you/your child’s luggage. ALL medications:
- must be identified on the Medical History Form
- submitted to the Camp Health Staff at check-in
- in their original container with a licensed physician’s instructions on label
- over-the-counter (non-prescription) medications must have camper’s name, dosage, and directions for administering.
All medications are administered by the Camp Health Staff under the written orders of a doctor or parent. Unused medications will be returned to you during the check-out procedures.
- Sleeping bag – rolled, tied, and in bagged
- Pillow and pillow case
- 2 towels and 1-2 washcloths
- Toothpaste & toothbrush
- Soap and shampoo (no products with nut or milk proteins)
- Tennis shoes
- Beach shoes (i.e. flip-flops, water shoes, etc.) for water-areas
- 3-4 pairs of socks
- Underwear and underclothing
- Swimsuit or swimtrunks
- Long-sleeve shirt or sweatshirt or sweater
- Long pants
- Hat or visor
- Sunscreen & non-aerosol insect repellent
- Rain poncho or coat (check forecast to determine need)
- Rain boots (check forecast to determine need)
- NOTE: all toiletries must be in a clear plastic bag for check-in inspection in order to screen for allergenic ingredient.
Optional items to bring:
Leave these things at home! Items will be confiscated, & returned at check-out. AFAA & Voyageur will not be liable for lost or stolen items.
- ALL FOOD (candy, gum, snacks, pop)
- Radios, tape/disc players
- Electronic games and phones*
- Hair dryers, curling irons, etc.
- Valuable possessions such as jewelry, credit cards, money
*adult supervisors will have cell phones for emergency use