AFAA Camp Planning
Are you interested in AFAA Camp?
Did you know that AFAA established the very first food allergy camp in the United States?
Are YOU interested in having camp this June?
AFAA Camp Planning is underway; camp will take place the weekend of June 1-3 (Friday evening through Sunday afternoon) provided that we can recruit volunteers.
Needed: Physicians, Nurses, Medical Professionals.
We want to guarantee 24 hour on-site medical coverage. Choose any combination of available shifts:
- Friday afternoon/evening camper check-in
- Friday overnight in a cabin
- Saturday full or part of day
- Saturday overnight in a cabin
- Sunday morning
- Sunday afternoon check-out
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to Volunteer as Medical Staff
Needed: Parents and Adults to volunteer for load-in/set-up or to lead activities or to pack-up/load out.
- Music (lead singing)
- Campfire (teach fire safety and how to build a campfire)
- Arts & Crafts
- Leading campers from one area to another on Friday or Saturday or Sunday
Email email@example.com to Volunteer for Activities, or Set-up, or Pack-up
Needed: Adults to serve as Cabin Monitors (background check required).
- Friday overnight girls cabin
- Friday overnight boys cabin
- Saturday overnight girls cabin
- Saturday overnight boys cabin
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to Volunteer for Cabin Monitor
Needed: Food Service Professionals or those with Certified Food Manager training.
- Serving Friday evening snack
- Serving Saturday morning breakfast
- Serving Saturday lunch
- Serving Saturday supper
- Serving Saturday campfire snacks
- Serving Sunday breakfast
- Serving Sunday lunch
Needed: teenagers age 14 and older to be Teen Assistants (to assist with the activities and to assist the Cabin Monitors). Teen Assistants enjoy special activities exclusively for their age group, and also get a registration discount.
Did you know - Parents registering with their child camper will receive a discount!
All volunteers are served meals!
A camp for those with food allergies!
Options: Overnight Camping * Day Camping * Kids With Peers * Family Camping * Teen Assistant Program
Voyageur Environmental Center - Mound, Minnesota
Summer camping is something every child should experience. Now there is a camp that accommodates food allergic children and their families -
- Camping experience for food allergic kids
- Kid camping and family camping available
- Meals will accommodate each food allergic camper
- Overnight or day camping available
- Program organized & supervised by parents of food allergic campers
- Dialogue with other parents while campers enjoy camp activities
- AFAA Camp is at the Voyageur Environmental Center in Mound, Minnesota; just west of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, close to the western edge of Lake Minnetonka.
- AFAA Camp is close to Twin Cities' medical facilities (11 miles).
- Staff will be trained to respond to anaphylactic emergencies & manage allergen exposure.